New Year's Resolutions - Who needs em? Well as I look around the blogosphere they seem to be all the rage. I think I like the retrospective followed by the resolute so here it goes.
2008 - Where did the time go?
1. CPA License. I consider this to the the achievement of the year. It took a masters degree, passing an awful exam, and working for two years and some help to get the application in while trying to work full time but I completed it, the board approved it and I now need to get my continuing education file together.
2. The House. Still not finished. More on that later. However, this year I did make great progress in the bathroom, move upstairs so I could finish the trim downstairs, get my shop organized, and install doorknobs all through the house. That's a big start.
3. Work. This was my first full year of employment out of law school. I am lucky to have a great job where I enjoy my work and practice with a good group of people. What a difference it makes.
4. Fun. 2008 has been a fun year. We have really had the chance to meet some new people and to develop our relationships with our friends in town. I've enjoyed playing golf with many of my friends on Saturdays and I started playing some tennis as well.
5. Ending on a high note. I started a "diet" a/k/a "healthy choices lifestyle" at the first of December. My high weight at the beginning was 222.5 pounds. I weighted in at 208.4 this morning. That's a loss of 14.1 pounds. I fit in my clothes, I feel better and I have more energy. We started eating tons of fresh vegetables and being more active. It has been a great change.
2009 - Something to Look Forward To.
1. Consider obtaining another professional accreditation? I am eligible to take the patent bar exam or even another bar exam in another state.... hmmm.
2. Work? I want to continue to progress in my current position. I would like to do more activities that would advance my skill levels. I don't know if there are enough hours in a day but I think it could be beneficial to start some sort of rote memory program for eminent domain law. In short - read more materials that are substantive in nature.
3. The House. FINISH THE EXTERIOR.
4. Fun? Take more trips. See more friends who live out of town. Continue developing the relationships here at home. Work on the consistency of my golf game.
5. The high note... I think for 2009 my first goal is to stick with this eating/exercise program. It was a difficult adjustment but it is getting easier with every day. If successful, my dietitian will have me at my college weight by the end of the first quarter of this year and I think that would be amazing.
2009... What's going on in your life?