Friday, August 25, 2006

Still Lawyering.....

In said class as i type. On call today, so blogging may not be such a fine idea, but right....

So, A and I are engaged in a blogging discussion, wherein she simply does not understand the utility of a Big Mac. I mean with all that special sauce, she must be blind to miss this. A alleges that fast food is making children fat and malnourished. I can't seem to agree. Personally, I find this position as illogical as blaming Playboy for the large number of blind young men out there. Or we could sue Nintendo for the kick ass hand eye coordination I now possess and exercise my Ninja skilz on random people on the street.

I mean fast food is tasty, its inexpensive, and has at least some nutritional value. Granted, its chock full of preservatives and low-grade, highly processed food products, but people have been eating those since man discovered the fire. Probably before.

Yes, I have seen Fast Food Nation. There, a libelous hippie, organic gnawing granola nut goes on a McDonalds bings. I mean this guy didn't get a fry after school every day, he got a Big Mac, a Fry, and Apple Pie, maybe a shake and hell, why not, another cheeseburger. Did he got to football practice afterward? Hell no, he went back to his cubicle and languished away with the rest of corporate america. I think that points out the problem very well. Its not the fault purley of what they eat, but the fact that kids don't get out and play as much anymore. When I was a youngster, every time my parents drove by a McDonald's, I would pitch a fit and scream ARCHES!!! ARECHES!! ARCHES!! I WANNA GO TO THE ARCHES!! I never got fat till I got to college and started drinking beer. Why? because I always had a damn shovel in my hand or a hammer or something and I was building shit. Daming up the creek, building tree-houses, building forts, something, anything. I was active. I mowed acres and acres of grass, kayaked, backpacked, and just generally got out the house. There's your problem. Its not the fault of the people who provide me my tasty Filet-O-Fish, its the people who sit on their ass after eating two or three of them.

2 comments:

Ally said...

I guess you're one of those people who orders his McDonalds meal from the register at Walmart while checking out with Totinos pizzas, Little Debbies, and potato chips. Gross.

As soon as I finish having it "my way" and eat this Enormous Omelet Sandwich from BK (complete with bacon, sausage, cheese, and eggs--no joke), I'll address the rest of this nonsense in your post on my blog.

Ally said...

It's time for you to write another blog please.