Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Human Body Really is Amazing

DISCLAIMER - this post may be just too gross for some.

Last night I had some stomach problems and decided I should take some little pills for them. I took the first pill no problem (I have a bad habit of swallowing pills w/o wateR) While taking the second pill, couldn't get it swallowed and accidentially inhaled it. Needless to say, I was freaked out. The pill was very small so I couldn't choke on it, but I was afraid I would aspirate it to a lung and I had just enought time to envision a major surgery to get out a little bitty pill when it started. The projectile vomiting. Uncontrollable, unstoppable and really quite amazing.

Needless to say, the little pill didn't stand a chance.

Upon further reflection, this is an amazing feature to have. I was sitting there wondering how the hell i was going to get this damn pill out of my trachea so it didn't cause an infection when my body invoked the Bernoulli Principle which is commonly utilized in the Venturi Pump which I used in college lab classes to suction something dry and whatnot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venturi_pump

It was really amazing that just as I formed the thought... "what the hell am I going to do now" my body had a solution, that was very simple, but functional to take care to an idiot like me.

3 comments:

Ally said...

So what did your body do? Gag?

Anonymous said...

Sadly, this is exactly why I love (and miss) you and Les. Posts like this. Sadder still, I'm not being sarcastic.

Tif

cdp said...

Ummm.

Not sure what to say about this post; other than that it did take my mind of the contempt hearing a certain ASSFUCK ex of mine is facing; the hell of dealing with which has been my day in a nutshell.

Thanks for the distraction.