Sunday, July 23, 2006

Well it is Sunday Afterall

I had one of those odd moments today in the car. I was headed to Lowes at 11:00, which here in the south is serious get dressed up and go to church time. But I was driving to Lowes and thinking about the fact that I haven't really attended church regularly in, well its been awhile.

But I remembered the first time I really think God answered a prayer of mine. I still remember that night well. I was probably 9 or 10. Attending Camp Winshape, which if you don't know is the center of the Truett Cathy (aka Chick-fil-A) God-Fearing Universe. There, we were involved in many activities and this was my first experience to "city-boy" camp. It was rather odd, and I was bored most of the time. I honestly don't remember a thing about it, except the fact that my first dog, Abbie, went missing on the day I first phoned my parents. Abbie was a wonderful golden retriever. She was my first dog and I think I was inspired to have her after reading Where the Red Fern Grows.

But have her I did and I loved that dog. Needless to say, I was distraught when my parents told me she had run away. I cried and cried. So sad, my baby had run away. We had daily devotionals at Winshape, and I remember asking everyone to pray for the return of my pup. For good measure, I stayed up most of the night crying about my loss and begging that God please help return her. He must have heard me because I called my parents the next day, and low and behold a nice family across town had seen her crossing their property and kept her. Not only that, but the also found her owner and didn't keep such a wonderful dog to themselves. I really think God answered my prayers that day. I hope he will answer yours.

Our Father who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory,
For ever and ever.
Amen.

No comments: