Thursday, March 30, 2006

Golf

Golf - Whoever came up with the Scramble had absolutely, and I do mean absolutely NOTHING else to do. I decided to participate in the Law School's annual "golf tournament" and scrambled to find a team. Two guys ditched me and a team was fielded at the last minute.

Let me tell you, the scramble stopped as soon as our admission fee was paid. We played eighteen after a "shot-gun start." I used to play back in the day when they actually used a shotgun to tell everyone to get going. No shotgun today. And the disappointment only increased after that. My golf game sucked, my team-mate's golf games sucked equally as much or moreso, and we did manage to play bogy golf as a team, each man hitting the "best ball." Let me tell you, there were no "good balls" to choose from. So, 5 and a half hours later, (yes, we were riding in carts too) we finished with a whopping 84 to clarify any misunderstandings at who sucked the most.

Now, I must say the concept of skipping class, drinking beer, riding around in carts, and hitting golf balls sounds enticing, but next year I will opt to do all those things right by myself.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

but baby, it was all for charity! it's all for the kids! (plz note sarcasm) sorry the golf sucked

cdp said...

See? You finished something!

cdp said...

See? You finished something! A round of shitty golf, granted. But something finished nonetheless. Baby steps . . .